The Ph.D. student, Shaik Afzal working under Prof. Nimir Elbashir and a member of the CaRE-Fuel lab group received Best Oral Presentation Award for a talk on the topic – “DRM+COSORB process for high H2/CO syngas production”. The talk was presented in the session on “Hydrogen Production and Storage” at the 8th Global Conference on Global Warming held in Doha. The DRM+COSORB process describes an alternative way to produce a valuable intermediate (syngas) by using CO2, resulting in lower carbon footprint and lower operating costs and is in the process of being patented.
- Paper published in ChemCatChem on unexpected deactivation phenomenon in ALD coated reforming catalyst
- Open Access Paper on CARGEN carbon nanotube technology published in Scientific Reports – A Nature Journal
- Ground-breaking CO2 to carbon “CARGEN” technology highlighted by Qatar National Research Fund and Qatar Foundation
- New Advanced Research Laboratory inaugurated
- Prof. Elbashir delivers Al-Maerifa series lecture on “Industry-Academia Collaboration in Advancing Qatar’s Gas Processing Research”